300 point program
3 years full-time / part-time unavailable
Applications open: 7 AUGUST 2017
Applications close: 5PM, 28 SEPTEMBER 2017 (Australian Eastern Standard Time)
Applicants for the Bachelor of Music must meet the following criteria:
- Successful completion of the VCE (or equivalent qualification);
- A study score of at least 25 in Units 3 and 4 English/English Language/Literature;
- A study score of at least 30 in Units 3 and 4 EAL.
There is no minimum ATAR requirement, however a competitive ATAR is required for entry to the Performance / Composition / Musicology / Ethnomusicology specialisations.
English Language Requirements
The University of Melbourne has a set of English language requirements which all applicants must meet. If you have completed a previous degree which was taught and assessed entirely in English you do not have to undertake a test.
How do I apply?
There are three components to each application. Applicants must submit Items 1 and 2 by the application closing date listed above:
1. An application to VTAC for domestic students, OR
A direct application via University's application portal for international students*
* International students who are completing Year 12 studies in Australia must apply through VTAC and complete their Audition Application Form as a domestic applicant.
3. Attend a live audition or the submission of a recorded audition via SlideRoom if unable to attend in person.
For more information on the audition and interview process please visit Auditions & Interviews tab.
* Mid-Year entry is open to all international applicants and some domestic applicants. The Bachelor of Music is only open to domestic students seeking to transfer from any degree being undertaken at a tertiary institution. Please note that you will need to provide evidence of previous tertiary study in the form of a transcript or statement of results in order to apply for mid-year entry to the Bachelor of Music.
In addition to your University application fee, applicants will be charged a processing fee of:
- $5USD payable via SlideRoom
Interested in more than one specialisation or instrument?
Submit one direct application via the University's application portal and separate Audition Application Form for each specialisation or instrument you wish to apply for. You may also be required to attend separate auditions and will be notified separately of these requirements.