300 point program
3 years full-time / part-time unavailable
Application Closing Date
2017 Mid-Year entry: 30 April 2017*
* Mid-Year entry is open to all International applicants and some domestic applicants. The Bachelor of Music is only open to domestic students seeking to transfer from any degree taken at a tertiary institution, please note that you will need to provide evidence of previous tertiary study in the form of a transcript or statement of results in order to apply to the Bachelor of Music.
Applicants for the Bachelor of Music must meet the following criteria:
- Successful completion of the VCE (or equivalent qualification);
- A study score of at least 25 in Units 3 and 4 English/English Language/Literature;
- A study score of at least 30 in Units 3 and 4 EAL.
There is no minimum ATAR requirement, however a competitive ATAR is required for entry to the Performance / Composition / Musicology / Ethnomusicology specialisations.
English Language Requirements
The University of Melbourne has a set of English language requirements which all applicants must meet. If you have completed a previous degree which was taught and assessed entirely in English you do not have to undertake a test.
There are two components to each application. Applicants must submit both by the application closing date:
- A direct application via University's application portal
A Supplementary Form via SlideRoom. Please note that SlideRoom charges a small processing fee of $5USD.
Applicants will also be required to attend an audition in person or submit a recorded audition via SlideRoom. For more information please visit Auditions & Interviews
Interested in more than one specialisation or instrument?
Submit one direct application via the University's application portal and separate Supplementary Application Form for each specialisation or instrument you wish to apply for. You may also be required to attend separate auditions.