The Melbourne International Festival of Lieder and Art Song (MIFLAS) is a masterclass and concert series for singers, pianists and audiences with a love of art song.
A festival for lovers of art song
The Melbourne International Festival of Lieder and Art Song at the Melbourne Conservatorium of Music aims to nurture future performers of Lieder and art song under the guidance of internationally renowned artists. In a week-long series of masterclasses and concerts, young singers and pianists will be inspired to achieve the highest standards of excellence by specialists universally acknowledged for their contributions to the artform.
Patron and principal tutor, Dr Graham Johnson, will lead the way in forming the next generation of singers and pianists, brought together by a shared passion for collaboration and a deep love of song. The 2018 program will be announced soon.Register for updates
Call for participants
Calling all singers and pianists with a love of Lieder and art song. Why spend your money on an airfare to Europe or North America, when you can study with the world's greatest art song exponents in Melbourne in 2018?
Apply now to participate in the 2018 Melbourne International Festival of Lieder and Art Song (MIFLAS) led by special guest artists Dr Graham Johnson OBE, world-renowned accompanist and Lieder and art song authority, and Sir Thomas Allen, internationally acclaimed baritone, recitalist and opera singer.
In 2018, the Festival will focus on the songs of Franz Schubert, Gustav Mahler and art song in English.
All participating singers and pianists will receive:
- Full access to all MIFLAS masterclasses and events
- One masterclass with Dr Graham Johnson OBE
- One masterclass with Sir Thomas Allen
- One additional masterclass with either Dr Johnson or Sir Thomas
- One hosted lunch with Dr Johnson and Sir Thomas
- The opportunity for individual coaching with Dr Johnson or Sir Thomas (subject to artist availability)
- A guaranteed performance in the MIFLAS Showcase at Melba Hall
- The opportunity to perform in the MIFLAS Gala Concert at Melba Hall (subject to selection by Dr Johnson and Sir Thomas).
Participant registration fees
- Full: AUD $650
- Student: AUD $490
- Non-refundable application fee: USD $50
Applications close 3 April 2018.
Please note: Places in the Festival are limited to 15 singers and 15 pianists. Apply now for your opportunity to be part of this unique event.
For information about the Melbourne International Festival of Lieder and Art Song, please get in touch.Contact us