Jazz Course - Youth Jazz Ensembles Studio 2017 (Mid-year Entry)
Do you love playing music? Are you interested in jazz and improvisation? This is a limited opportunity for individuals with intermediate skills to join VCA's Youth Jazz Ensemble Studio and take your musical creativity to the next level.
Located in the arts precinct at Southbank (Melbourne), this part-time year-long music short course for young adults will greatly enhance your musical knowledge.
The contemporary music short course includes:
- Development of ensemble, improvisation and performance skills
- Weekly classes in the fundamentals of improvisation
- Weekly small ensemble practice
- Practical experience through guided performance practice
- End-of-year public performance
- Collaboration with like-minded musicians
- Opportunity to learn from professional musicians and educators
If you are looking to gain practical experience on your instrument and the confidence to improvise with others, then book now!
Entry to this course is via audition (online submission of audio recording).
Very limited places. Entry via submission of audio recording. A non-refundable audition fee of $30 will be charged.
How to apply
- Prior musical ability at intermediate level is required, as this course is designed for those who would like to develop their skills and ideas further.
- Entry will be via submission of 2-minute audio recording of applicant playing an instrument.
- A non-refundable audition fee of $30 will be charged.
- Audio recording submissions close 3 July
Successful applicants will be contacted regarding the registration process
10.00am – 1.00pm
22 July – 28 October 2017
(No classes 30 September, 7 October)
This course is suitable for 15 – 20 year olds. Perfect for those intending to audition for VCA in future!
Submission Fee $30.00 (via online submission of audio recording)
Fees if successful
Full Fee $825
Earlybird $750 (Closes 3 July 2015)
Pay by instalments
1st instalment of $325, followed by 2 instalments of $250 per month
Total instalments fee $825
r further information please contact:
T: +61 3 8344 6951