Ivy May Pendelbury Scholarships
The Ivy May Pendelbury Scholarships are available to music students of good character, enrolled in any year level, who are able to demonstrate both financial need and membership to the Anglican Church.
Approximately $15,000, with funds provided by an external trustee. Multiple scholarships will be offered.
Open and closing dates
Applications are now closed and will reopen during semester 1 Oweek 2019. Applicants can expect to receive an emailed outcome in April.
Criteria and eligibility
This scholarship is open for award to music students of good character, enrolled in undergraduate or graduate studies at the Melbourne Conservatorium of Music, who are able to demonstrate both financial need and membership to the Anglican Church.
Applications will be assessed by the selection committee on the basis of:
- artistic merit, as demonstrated by entry requirements for the course (i.e. audition, folio presentation) and possibly class participation;
- academic merit, as demonstrated by previous academic achievement (VCE or equivalent; other tertiary results);
- career aspirations (addressed through questions in the application process);
- financial need (ascertained via the application, requesting income and expenditure information),
- evidence of membership to Anglican Church (i.e. a copy of a letter from a senior member of the applicant's local parish), and
- likely success in completing the proposed course of study (addressed through questions in the application process).
The Dean, on the recommendation of the Director of the Melbourne Conservatorium of Music, will approve the recipients.
To accept this scholarship, successful recipients are required to write a letter of thanks and provide an artistic biography for the donors or trustees. On occasion recipients will be contacted to provide a progress report.
How to apply
This application has 2 separate steps. To be considered both steps must be completed by the application closing date. Please allow enough time to complete both.
Step 1 Scholarship Application
Refer to the Open and Closing Dates section above for the application link.The link will only be visible during the application period. The application will require personal information, including course and year level, and some questions addressing the selection criteria listed above. You will be required to attach some documents, such as your CV and academic transcript.
Step 2 Student Financial Assistance Application
To assist with the assessment your application you are required to submit an online Student Financial Assistance Application by the application closing date. If you already have submitted a Student Financial Assistance Application in the last six months you do not need to apply again but you can update and re-submit your details before the closing date.