EC Wellisch Bequest
The EC Wellisch Bequest Scholarship is open for award to students of music at the Faculty of Fine Arts and Music, enrolled in undergraduate or graduate studies, demonstrating financial need.
Approximately $6,600 - multiple scholarships may be offered.
Open and closing dates
Applications are now closed for 2017 and will next open in the third week of February 2018. Applicants can expect to receive an emailed outcome in April.
Criteria and eligibility
This scholarship is open for award to students of music (classical or contemporary), enrolled in undergraduate or graduate studies at the Faculty of Fine Arts and Music, who demonstrate financial need.
Applications will be assessed by the selection committee on the basis of:
- artistic merit, as demonstrated by entry requirements for the course (i.e. audition, folio presentation) and possibly class participation;
- academic merit, as demonstrated by previous academic achievement (VCE or equivalent; other tertiary results);
- career aspirations (addressed through questions in the application process);
- financial need (ascertained via the application, requesting income and expenditure information), and
- likely success in completing the proposed course of study (addressed through questions in the application process).
The Dean, on the recommendation of The Director of the Melbourne Conservatorium of Music, will approve the recipients.
To accept this scholarship, successful recipients are required to write a letter of thanks and provide an artistic biography for the donors or trustees. On occasion recipients will be contacted to provide a progress report.
How to apply
The online application link will appear here when the scholarships is next open for applications. The link will only be visible during the application period.
You'll be asked to provide your personal information, including course and year level, and some questions addressing the selection criteria listed above. You'll be asked to attach some documents, such as CV and academic transcript (or most recent other results, such as VCE scores), and you'll also have the option to include any support material you feel gives weight to your application. Where financial need is a consideration, you'll also be asked to provide an estimate of your budget for the year ahead.