Cassidy Bequest Scholarship
The Cassidy Bequest Scholarships are open for award to undergraduate or graduate Conservatorium students. VCA students studying Theatre, Production or Music Theatre can also apply for Cassidy Bequest Scholarships on the VCA Scholarships website.
Approximately $25,000 in total - multiple awards between approximately $1,000 - $5,000 each will be made across the listed disciplines.
Open and Closing dates
Applications are now closed and will reopen during semester 1 O-week 2019. Applicants can expect to receive an emailed outcome in April.
Criteria & eligibility
These scholarships are open for award to current undergraduate or current graduate students of any year level studying either:
- Music Performance, Musicology/Ethnomusicology or Composition, or
- Jazz & Improv or Interactive Composition
Multiple scholarships for each discipline may be awarded, a maximum of ~$5,000 is available per discipline.
Applications will be assessed by the selection committee on the basis of:
- artistic merit, as demonstrated by entry requirements for the course (i.e. audition, folio presentation) and possibly class participation;
- academic merit, as demonstrated by previous academic achievement (VCE or equivalent; other tertiary results);
- career aspirations (addressed through questions in the application process);
- financial need (ascertained via the application, requesting income and expenditure information), and
- likely success in completing the proposed course of study (addressed through questions in the application process).
The Dean, on the recommendation of the relevant heads of schools, will approve the recipients.
To accept this scholarship, successful recipients are required to write a letter of thanks and provide an artistic biography for the donors or trustees. On occasion recipients will be contacted to provide a progress report.
How to apply
This application has 2 separate steps. To be considered both steps must be completed by the application closing date. Please allow enough time to complete both.
Step 1 Scholarship Application
Refer to the Open and Closing Dates section above for the application link.The link will only be visible during the application period. The application will require personal information, including course and year level, and some questions addressing the selection criteria listed above. You will be required to attach some documents, such as your CV and academic transcript.
Step 2 Student Financial Assistance Application
To assist with the assessment your application you are required to submit an online Student Financial Assistance Application by the application closing date. If you already have submitted a Student Financial Assistance Application in the last six months you do not need to apply again but you can update and re-submit your details before the closing date.