- Become a highly-skilled and highly-aware ensemble musician, and achieve a professional standard in your orchestral ensemble performance through a practical internship with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra
- Develop the confidence to perform at your peak under pressure in audition, recording, and performance settings
- Understand and develop the mental and emotional capabilities necessary for consistent skill execution and positive performance experiences
- Establish the entrepreneurial skills to assist you in your early career as an orchestral musician
- Learn to identify, prevent, and manage health risks associated with playing your instrument for extended time periods
Online webinar: Learn more about the Master of Music (Orchestral Performance) from course coordinator Dr Joel Brennan in an online webinar on Monday 10 April, 3pm (AEST). Register now.
Delivered through an industry partnership with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra (MSO), the Master of Music (Orchestral Performance) is the first and only course of its kind in the Asia-Pacific region offering elite-level training for aspiring orchestral musicians.
At the core of this intensive two-year program is Orchestral Experience, a series of intensive learning experiences in which students will engage with the full spectrum of repertoire and performance contexts of the modern symphony orchestra, and be paired with a private instructor for direct one-to-one teaching. This is offered alongside a Performance Practicum, which enables students to gain professional orchestral performance experience with Australia’s oldest symphony orchestra through work-integrated learning experiences with the MSO. Supporting Studies in musicians’ health, audition preparation, outreach and entrepreneurship, orchestra administration, and optimal performance complement the practical components to create a unique, holistic kind of orchestral training, preparing a new generation of highly trained musicians with the experience, skills, knowledge, and insight to transition into sustainable orchestral careers.