Applications open: 10 JULY 2017
Applications close: 5PM, 31 AUGUST2017 (Australian Eastern Standard Time)
In order to be considered for entry, applicants must:
- Complete a successful audition
- Have completed an undergraduate degree in any discipline
- Have at least 6 years of documented, relevant professional experience.
Please note that meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- The audition
- Prior academic performance.
Successful admission to the degree is dependent on a suitable spread of instruments across all sections of the orchestra; consequently, places will be available based on available places in that instrument group at the time of selection.
The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
English Language Requirements
The University of Melbourne has a set of English language requirements which all applicants must meet. If you have completed a previous degree which was taught and assessed entirely in English you do not have to undertake a test.
There are two components to each application. Applicants must submit both by the application closing date:
- A direct application via the University's application portal
- A recorded audition, performance CV, and details of two referees via SlideRoom.
Applicants may be invited to complete a second round of auditions (either pre-recorded or in person) in October. Please see Auditons & Interviews for more information.