Visit our bulletin page for audition and interview updates.
Upcoming audition dates
- Unversity of Melbourne application form and Round 1 recorded audition submission via SlideRoom due 31 August 2017.
- In early October shortlisted applicants will be invited to complete Round 2 of auditions.
- Round 2 live auditions will be held in late October/early November (dates to be confirmed). For applicants unable to attend a live audition, recorded auditions are to submitted via SlideRoom due 25 October 2017.
Recorded audition requirements
Applicants are required to prepare a Round 1 audition using prescribed repertoire. Record on video and submit with your application by the application deadline.
- Solo work is recorded in one single unedited take, it may be recorded separately to the excerpts.
- All excerpts are recorded in one single take, recording must be unedited.
- Your audition must be played without accompaniment.
- Excerpts can be performed in the order of the your choosing.
- You upload a queue sheet identifying the order and time each excerpt begins in your recording.
Applicants who pass the first round will be invited to present a live second round audition (to be held in Melbourne late October/early November) or; if unavailable to attend audition in Melbourne, to submit a recording of the second round repertoire (using the above guidelines to prepare, submitted by 25 October 2017).
Applicants will be required to submit their recorded audition via the SlideRoom portal below.
Once SlideRoom applications are open, applicants will be able to view, upload, save their progress and return to complete the submission at any time before the closing date. After the close date we will be in touch with you about the next steps with your application.