200 point program
2 years full-time / part-time unavailable
CLOSING DATE - extended to 30 September 2018
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR 2018
Listed below are the specific entry requirements.
Applicants for the Master of Music (Opera Performance) must be able to demonstrate:
- the completion of an undergraduate degree in any discipline; and
- successfully undertake a 20 minute audition.
The entry requirements for this course have been CHANGED for 2019. As this change has only recently been approved, for 2019 entry ONLY the selection committee will also consider applications meeting the old entry requirements (completion of an undergraduate degree in any discipline); please note, however, that selection will be made on the basis of potential for success in the revised course structure, for which the new entry requirements are designed.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR 2019
In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
- an undergraduate degree in vocal performance or equivalent, with evidence of European modern language training in either lyric diction and/or practical language skills learning; and
- an audition.
In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- prior academic performance; and
- performance in the audition.
A 20-minute audition is an essential requirement for all applicants to this course. A brief interview will be incorporated into the audition process. Please refer to the Auditions and Interviews tab for more information.
English Language Requirements
The University of Melbourne has a set of English language requirements which all applicants must meet. If you have completed a previous degree which was taught and assessed entirely in English you do not have to undertake a test.
In addition to your University application fee, applicants will be charged a processing fee of:
- $5USD payable via SlideRoom