Visit our bulletin page for audition and interview updates
2019 Mid-Year intake
Live auditions will be held in late between 3 - 7 June 2019. Further information will be sent to applicants after applications close.
2020 Start Year intake (early assessment round for International applicants only)
Auditions are to be submitted electronically via Slideroom by 30 April 2019.
2020 Start Year intake (main assessment round for domestic and international applicants)
Live auditions/interviews will be held in November 2019. Further information on schedules and due dates for recorded auditions will be published soon.
- Applicants should prepare three pieces of music, no longer than 30 minutes in total, demonstrating their skill on the instrument they wish to study.
- Select each piece from the Western Art Music repertoire (except for electric guitar and bass).
- Pieces should be of contrasting style, period and composer (e.g. works from the Baroque, Romantic and 20th century repertoires).
- For live auditions, the audition panel may also ask to hear technical work (scales, arpeggios, etc.).
- For recorded auditions, prepare your audition in accordance with guidelines above and submit via the Audition Application Form on SlideRoom. Recordings must be made in a single take, unedited video.
Can't attend the Audition?
While we strongly recommend all applicants attend a live audition, applicants who are based overseas or interstate may alternatively submit a recorded audition via their Audition Application Form on SlideRoom.